Covenants and Restrictions
Blue Heron Woods
1. No commercial or business enterprise shall be permitted upon any parcel, except that an interior room within a residence may be used as a private office provided it is not open for the reception of customers or clients.
2. No mobile home or trailer intended for or capable of human habitation, whether self-propelled, towed, or transported by other means, shall be placed upon, attached to, or erected upon any parcel, whether or not it is attached to, or erected upon any foundation or permanently connected to a sewage system, water supply system, or electrical power. Single story homes must have a minimum roof pitch of 8/12. Modular homes are permitted.
3. Only one single-family dwelling per parcel may be constructed. Garages may be either attached or detached provided that detached garages shall be of the same construction style and material as the dwelling. Minimum enclosed dwelling area shall not be less than one thousand eight hundred square feet (1,800). Square foot requirements apply to areas above grade and exclude finished basements, underground finished levels (bi-level style), garages, porches, terraces, decks, or similar additions to the enclosed dwelling area. The construction of outbuildings is permitted provided that all outbuildings shall be of the same construction style and material as the residence and may not be used as a dwelling. Once begun, exterior construction of all residences, garages, and outbuildings must be completed within one year.
4. No further subdivision of any parcel will be allowed.
5. Trees may be cleared for construction and the development of the adjacent residential area only. Not more than fifty (50%) percent of any parcel may be cleared. This provision does not apply to the cutting or removal of any dead or hazardous trees.
6. No unregistered vehicle shall be kept on any parcel. Registered recreational vehicles shall be permitted only upon parcels improved by a dwelling unit.
7. No animals, livestock, or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred, or kept on any parcel, except that dogs, cats, or other usual and common household pets are permitted. However, no pet shall be kept in a manner that will endanger health, make objectionable noise or constitute a nuisance or inconvenience to the owners of another parcel. No pets shall be kept, bred, or maintained for any commercial purpose. Dogs shall be confined on a leash held by a responsible person whenever they are outside the boundary lines of the parcel on which they are being kept.
8. No portion of any parcel shall be used, in whole or in part, for the storage of any property or thing that will cause it to appear to be in an unclean or untidy condition or that will be obnoxious to the eye; nor shall any substance, thing or material be kept upon any parcel that will emit foul or obnoxious odors or that will cause any noise or other condition that will or might disturb the peace, quiet, safety, comfort, or serenity of the occupants of the surrounding property.
9. No noxious, illegal or offensive activity shall be carried on upon any parcel, nor shall anything be done thereon tending to cause embarrassment, discomfort, annoyance, or nuisance to any person occupying any other parcel. There shall not be maintained any plants or animals or device or thing of any sort whose activities or existence in any way is noxious, dangerous, unsightly, unpleasant, or of a nature as may diminish or destroy the enjoyment of any other parcel. Outside burning of trash, garbage or household refuse shall not be permitted.
10. It shall be the responsibility of each parcel owner to prevent the development of any unclean, unhealthy, unsightly or unkempt condition on that parcel.
11. All garbage cans, above-ground storage tanks, mechanical equipment, woodpiles, yard equipment and other similar items shall be located or screened so as to be concealed from view of neighboring parcels, streets and property located adjacent. All rubbish, trash, and garbage shall be stored in appropriate containers.
12. The Grantee shall not place or erect any sign advertising any vacant parcel for sale unless and until the Grantor has conveyed all of the parcels within the development.
13. Parcels are subject to drainage and utility easements 10 feet in width along side and rear property lines, and drainage, utility, and slope easements of 15 feet along all front property lines and road Right-of-Way line, unless noted greater on the subdivision plan.
14. By purchasing land at Blue Heron Woods, you automatically become a member of the Blue Heron Woods Homeowners Association.
15. All requirements of the USDA Soil Conservation Service – Pike County District Office (SCS) and Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) and other agencies with jurisdiction shall be observed. The Grantee shall install and maintain all necessary soil erosion and sedimentation control measures required during any construction.
16. These covenants shall run with the land and shall be binding upon the Grantor and all persons claiming under it. The invalidation of any one of the covenants or restrictions by judgment or court order shall in no way affect any one of the other provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. These covenants may be enforced by the Grantor or by the owner of any lot within the subdivision.